Mod Podge Crafts and Destash Your Craft Supplies
If you are like me you have enough craft supplies to open up your own supply store. Which is why I created this Mod Podge crafts tutorial. Here is a great way to help destash some of those supplies and get organized at the same time…oh yeah and make it pretty too! Mod Podge crafts are a fun activity to do with the kids too! They just might want to tidy up their rooms with their new creations when they are done…DOUBLE BONUS, right!?!
The cool thing about this project is that you can use supplies you already have…ok you might have to buy the Mod Podge…but you will have everything else I am sure! For the base you can use scrapbook paper, notebook paper, print your own design, newspaper, fabric, tissue paper (little harder to work with but doable). For the embellishments if you choose to embellish you can use buttons, ribbon, silk flowers, pennies, beads, puzzle pieces…the possibilities are virtually endless.
For my Mod Podge Crafts project I had 3 different size cans (soup or vegetable (not soda)). One of them I used a photo from the newspaper and the other 2 I had scraps of scrapbook paper.
Gather your supplies…be creative with what you have on hand:
- Spray paint or acrylic paint suitable for metal can…I had several colors of spray paint already, so that is what I used. Let it dry.
- Measure and cut paper (or fabric) to size of can. Personally I like a clean line just on the inside of the rims on both top and bottom. When measuring the distance around the container have about 1/2 inch (or so) of extra overlap.
- Once the paint is dry apply a layer of Mod Podge on the back side of paper and start smoothing it in place on the can. Apply another layer of Mod Podge on outside with your sponge applicator or brush to smooth out wrinkles and bubbles. Let dry.
- If you like the look you can stop here but if you want to use more of your supplies to embellish continue reading…after all that is the whole point of this particular tutorial right?
- use a glue gun to add ribbon or buttons or what ever your heart desires.
- Be sure to share your thoughts with me in the comments below.
If you really like this Mod Podge crafts tutorial join my mailing list to stay up to date.