Simple Bracelet You Can Make for Under $5 and in Under 10 Minutes
You don’t have to spend a lot of money or time to make your own stylish and simple bracelet…even if you aren’t the creative type! The key is to hit the mix and match bead table and have your coupon for your local crafts store (Michaels, ACMoore or JoAnn’s). Get this!…for the Bracelet in this tutorial I spent all of $4.85 plus tax AND I have plenty of stretchy cord and glue left to create many more bracelets. It just so happened that I stumbled across a big jewelry/bead sale at ACMoore. The stretchy cord was 30% off costing about $2.00. The beads were 10 strands for $10…so less than $1 per bracelet!!! Then I had a 50% off coupon for 1 non-sale item…that was used for the glue (final cost $2.00).
Here are the supplies for this bracelet:
Stretchy cord (I like .7 mm for most of my bracelets)
cement jewelry glue (There are many types of jewelry glue- I prefer G-S Hypo Cement)
beads of choice
Instructions for making your very own simple and affordable bracelet:
- Begin by cutting a piece of stretchy cord about 13-14 inches long. A little longer is better than too short (you will be able to cut any excess cord off when the bracelet has been completed).
- Stringing your selected beads in the pattern you have chosen. Once you have strung about 6-7 inches of the cord it is time to do a test fitting…while holding both ends of the cord loop the cord around without creating a knot, pull the beads together, slide the bracelet over your hand to your wrist.
- Once you are happy with the fit make a couple of simple knots (I do 3 or 4). Be sure to pull the knot snuggly…this helps to make sure the knot is small and unseen.
- Using one hand stretch the beads away from the knot. With the other hand carefully apply a drop of glue to the knot. If you are using the Hypo Cement be sure to put the top back on immediately (you will have an unforgiving mess if you don’t).
- Lastly, trim the extra cord close to the knot, but be sure not to cut too close though.
Voila! You now have a beautiful and simple Bracelet to keep for yourself or give as a gift!