Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is a super easy recipe to make for large gatherings and is ALWAYS a hit with all the guests. I LOVE this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip. It will have a little kick but not so hot that people will be running for the water (or milk), unless of course you add extra heat to yours. Be sure to check out some of the variations available to be used in this recipe. Do you have other variations that you have tried…I would love to know so I can try them as well.
1 lb fresh boneless skinless Chicken
1 package Cream Cheese (I prefer Philadelphia but any will work)
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup Red Hot sauce
Boil Chicken thoroughly, remove from water. Shred chicken with 2 forks
Pre Heat oven to 375 (F)
Combine remaining ingredients in a pot. Heat over medium heat until all ingredients are creamy, stirring frequently.
Add shredded chicken to the melted mixture, blend until all the chicken is covered. Transfer to an oven safe dish. Heat uncovered for 20 minutes on 375-F degrees pre heated oven. Serve with your choice of crackers or tortilla chips. I, personally, prefer Wheat Thins or Home Made Pita Chips.
Boil and shred chicken as instructed above for all modifications
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours. Stirring occasionally until smooth and well blended.
- Use canned chicken
- Switch Ranch dressing with Blue Cheese dressing
- Use fat free cream cheese and ranch dressing for a lower calorie (weight watcher friendly) version. Also use celery sticks in place of crackers or chips
- Change up the Cheddar cheese with other cheeses like Swiss, Monterey Jack or Colby
- Make it a creamier version with adding sour cream or using half cream cheese and sour cream.